Diet planner is needed for anyone who wants to have a healthier life. With this program, people will know if they are overweight or not. How to know if that person is overweight or obese? There is a system called BMI or body mass index. A person whose BMI measurement is between 25 to 29.9 is an overweight person. And a person whose BMI measurement is 30 or more belongs to the obese group. Moreover, the diet planner can be the best solution to your weight problem as this program will show what kind of diets and exercises you have to do to reach a healthier self.
What makes a person overweight or obese? Are there any certain reasons? Overweight and obesity is caused by the calories that we consume. What are calories? Calories are the energy taken from every food a person eats. In this case, diet planner is needed to prevent him or her from having too much calories. In fact, your body needs calories since there are a lot of activities done primarily in the morning. However, if you have more calories than what you need, it can cause weight gaining.
There are some factors that cause overweight and weight gaining, including behaviors and environment. Behaviors mean eating too much, but doing less physical activities such as exercise. Therefore, you need a diet planner in order to balance your meals with your body movement.
The next factor is the environment. If your environment supports you to have balance meals, you can avoid being overweight. Unfortunately, there are some cultures that can cause overweight and obesity such as the habit of having big portion of food while eating, lack of time to exercise, and lack of time to cook healthy meals.
Overweight or obese can cause some problems on your health, including heart disease, cancers, breathing problems, and high blood pressure. Therefore, you need to lose weight. How to lose your weight then? The best way to help you lose your weight is to burn your calories more. Setting a goal of slow and steady weight loss by having other less calorie-based menu and exercise more will decrease your calories. Diet planner will be useful for you who want to set the right kind of diet ad exercise to help lose weight.
Eating healthy food is also a must if you want to lose weight. How to choose a healthier food? Here is a diet planner that may go well with you.
- Eat more fruits. By having various fruit, you can live healthier. Two cups of fruits per day can save you a 2,000 calorie diet. The two cups can be 1 small banana, 1 large orange, and ¼ dried apricots or peaches.
- Vary your veggies. Eat more:
- Dark green veggies, such as kale, broccoli, and other dark leafy greens
- Orange veggies, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and winter squash
- Beans and peas, such as black beans, lentils, kidney beans, and so on.
- Have more grains. By having 3 ounces of whole-grain cereals, brown bread, brown rice, crackers, or whole-wheat pasta, you have a diet planner with you. One ounce is about 1 cup of breakfast cereal, 1 slice of bread, or ½ cup of cooked rice or pasta. Make sure you read that grains such as oats, rice, wheat or corn are referred to as “whole” in the ingredients’ list.
- Go lean with protein. Have lean meats and poultry. Bake it, broil it, or grill it. You can vary your protein choices with more fish, beans, peas, nuts, and seeds.
- Restrict saturated fats. Get less than 10 percent of your calories from saturated fatty acids. Most fats come from sources of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, such as nuts, vegetable oils, and fish. When choosing and preparing meat, poultry, dry beans, and milk or milk products, make choices that are lean, low-fat, or fat-free.
- Reduce Salt. Get less than 2,300 mg of sodium (about 1 teaspoon of salt) each day.
What about children’s diet? What if they lack of physical activities and they gain more weight? Is it possible to change their habits or do more exercise? What you have to do is accustoming them to use less computer, play less video games and send them to a sport club or ask them to have jogging around the house. Check out the diet planner to know which food that will be suitable for your child’s age. Consult your doctor for further information.
How to start your diet planner? Diet planner can be useful if you try to apply it completely. What does it mean by applying it completely? It means that when a person wants to lose their weight, he or she should obey the rule mentioned in the diet planner. You need to exercise as well. However, some of the exercises are only applicable to certain individuals. Consult your physical condition to a doctor or your diet planner mentor to decide which exercise that is suitable for you.
You also need to have more time to do your housework. By doing a lot of housework, it’s like you’re doing your exercise. However, you also need a real physical exercise. There are lots of workout videos you can find and adjust with your stamina. After doing exercise or housework, you may feel hungry. Eat more fruits to replace the rice or any kind of carbohydrates you usually eat.
Age is something to consider when choosing what kind of diet you need to take. As we age, we need healthy foods to keep the body healthy, resist from illness, and balance the emotion. However, it does not mean that you need to do the tiresome and depressing diet. The diet planner will show you what kind of diet that is suitable for older people. You will still need to eat more fruits, vegetables, grains, healthy fats, and proteins.
To maintain your bone as you age and prevent osteoporosis and bone fractures, you also need to consume foods rich in calcium, including milk, cheese, yogurt, broccoli, tofu, kale, and almonds. It is also important that you have enough water to help your body stay hydrated. Certain conditions like obesity or overweight in older people will need more attention. Don’t forget to consult your doctor for every step you will take in your diet program.